Cancelling a timeshare contract is not only to make it void in order to eliminate any civil or criminal responsibility related to it, but also to delete the name of the timeshare owner from the central registry, as otherwise the above responsibilities subsist.

There are many reasons why a timeshare owner wants to get rid of his property, e.g.:

-The yearly service charges have increased much more than what was said or promised at the start. The owner could then calculate that for the same money he might go on an “all inclusive” holiday.
-The possibilities of interchange resulted not to work properly.
-The quality of the apartment presented at the moment of sales did not correspond to the one offered at the arrival.
-The travel costs, airplane, train, taxi, etc. increased too much.
-Due to personal circumstances we cannot use it anymore.
-We have been convinced with aggressive sales methods and did never make use of it further on.
-Finally it resulted anyhow that the property could not be sold and thus no question of being an investment.
-Etc., etc.

On the other hand there exist different possibilities to get rid of your timeshare:
-Sell it on your own: this could be, depending on certain factors, legally prohibited. On the other side, if you found a buyer, you only could expect a ridiculously low payment.
-Certain so said re-sales companies which pretend to have a client for you ready to pay a huge sum for your timeshare, but you have to pay a deposit as goodwill for the good end of the deal. This deposit and the client also will disappear afterwards, thus pure fraud.
-Return it to the resort: you certainly will not receive any money for it, at the contrary you sometimes might have to pay a “reverse premium”.
-Etc., etc.
All the above sounds too nice to be true and as a conclusion we mean that the only and easiest way to be relieved from your timeshare property is to have a serious and specialized lawyer’s office take the necessary action to delete your name from the registry (= cancellation of responsibilities) and introduce a claim to the appropriate Court of Justice for the recovery of your monies.